HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information is any information that can be used to identify you. Kimberly-Clark may collect information about you (such as name, e-mail, phone number, date of birth and postal address), in the following ways:
- through our websites;
- through our retailers, promoters and/or distributors;
- when you contact us to enquire or complain about our products;
- when you submit ratings or reviews about our products/services; and/or
- when you participate in our consumer promotions and market research.
Like many companies, we sometimes use "cookie" technology on our websites. Cookies are information stored on your computer by your browser to save your preferences while you are visiting a particular website. When you log in, the cookie tells us whether you visited us before or are a new visitor, and it enables us to learn which advertisements bring users to our website. We use the cookie to help us identify site features in which you have the greatest interest so that we can provide more of what you may want. If you choose, you can set your browser to reject cookies or you can manually delete individual or all of the cookies on your computer by following your browser’s help file directions. However, if you do not enable cookies to be received by your web browser, you may have trouble accessing some of the pages and certain features on this website.
Furthermore, and as is common practice, we may identify and compile information concerning your IP address (a number automatically assigned to your device by your internet service provider) which helps us to calculate site usage levels, diagnose technical problems and administer our websites and other applications.
A web beacon is an electronic file on a Web page that allows us to count and recognize users who have visited that page. Among other things, a web beacon can be used in HTML-formatted email to determine responses to our communications and measure their effectiveness – for instance, if you get an email from us and click on a link in that email to go to our website. You can generally avoid web beacons in email by turning off HTML display and displaying only the text portion of your email.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Kimberly-Clark may use the personal information you provide:
- to communicate with you about our products and services;
- to provide you with samples of our products and personalized promotional offers;
- to allow you to participate in contests, promotions and surveys;
- to address, investigate and monitor enquiries or complaints about our products and services;
- for internal product development and quality control purposes;
- to measure performance of marketing initiatives, advertising, and websites; and/or
- to personalize, assess and improve our websites.
You may restrict the use of your personal information at any time by contacting us per the contact details specified below.
HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share information about you with third parties in certain circumstances including in the following situations:
- Sharing Your Information with Kimberly-Clark group of companies. We may share information between different departments of Kimberly-Clark, across different brands of Kimberly-Clark, with Kimberly-Clark group of companies, including our parent company, subsidiaries and affiliates and with third parties such as (but not limited to) marketing agencies who assist us with our promotional, marketing and research activities. We may also give your information including your name, e-mail, telephone number or postal addresses to a fulfilment house, retailer, or distributor of our products in order to carry out your requests.
- Sharing Your Information with Partner Companies . We may share your information with carefully selected partner companies when we believe their products or services may interest you. You may "opt out" of partner offers and programs at any time by contacting us per the contact details specified below. Our partners are prohibited from using your contact information for purposes other than presenting relevant offers and programs, and they are required to maintain your contact information in confidence.
- Sharing Your Information with Service Providers . We may share information with companies or individuals that provide us with services. These services may include, among other things, helping us to provide services that you request, to create or maintain our databases, to research and analyze the people who request products, services, or information from us, to prepare and distribute communications, or to respond to inquiries.
- Interest-Based Advertising . Kimberly-Clark participates in interest-based (on-line behavior) advertising. This means that a third party may use technology, such as a cookie on your browser or a web beacon, to identify you on our website so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interest. You may see advertising on our website tailored to how you browse or shop, or you may see advertising for Kimberly-Clark products on other websites based on your browsing behavior across websites.
- Blogs, Online Postings and Testimonials . We may decide to allow users to share comments, postings, testimonials (including ratings or reviews), or other information. If you choose to submit such information to us, the information that you submit may be available generally to the public. Information that you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them.
- Other Third Parties . We may share non-personal information with other third parties that are not described above. When we do so we may aggregate or de-identify the information so that a third party would not be likely to link data to you, your computer, or your device. Aggregation means that we combine the non-personal information of numerous people together so that the data does not relate to any one person. De-identify means that we attempt to remove or change certain pieces of information that might be used to link data to a particular person.
- Law Enforcement and Legal Process. We may report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we reasonably believe to be unlawful, or that we reasonably believe may aid a law enforcement investigation into unlawful activity. In addition, we reserve the right to release your information to law enforcement agencies if we determine, in our sole judgment, that either you have violated our policies, or the release of your information may protect the rights, property, or safety of Kimberly-Clark, or another person.
- Sharing Your Information as Permitted by Law. We may share your information with others as required by, or permitted by, law. This may include sharing your information with government entities, or third parties in response to subpoenas, court orders, other legal process, or as we believe is necessary to exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims that have been brought against us, or to defend against possible legal claims that we determine in our sole discretion might be brought against us. Business Transactions. Circumstances may also arise where Kimberly-Clark decides to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize its business. Such a transaction may involve the disclosure of personal information to prospective or actual buyers or sellers. It is our practice to seek appropriate protection for the disclosure of such information in these types of transactions.
- Cross-Border Transfers . Personal information may be transmitted to data storage facilities or servers located outside Singapore or to affiliates or trusted third parties based outside Singapore so they may process personal information on our behalf, and we can carry out your requests and use the personal information for the purpose which it was collected.
CONTENT YOU SUBMIT ON OUR WEBSITES
By submitting content to and through website(s) controlled by Kimberly-Clark and/or its affiliates or service providers (“K-C Sites”), you are responsible for the following: (1) you are the owner of the content; (2) the content is truthful and accurate; (3) the content will not cause injury to any person or entity; (4) the content does not infringe someone else’s copyright, trademark, proprietary rights or rights of publicity and privacy; (5) the content does not violate a law, statute, ordinance or regulation; (6) the content would not reasonably be considered to be defamatory, libelous, hateful, racially or religiously biased or offensive or harassing to another party; (7) the content does not contain references to other websites, email addresses, contact information or phone numbers; (8) if the content contains the likeness or name of an identifiable person, you have that person’s permission to include their likeness/name in the content you are submitting; and (9) the content does not contain computer viruses, worms or other potentially damaging programs or files.
For any content that you submit, you grant Kimberly-Clark a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable, transferable right and license to use, copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and/or distribute such content and/or incorporate such content into any form, medium or technology throughout the world without compensation to you. You also hereby grant each user of K-C Sites a non-exclusive license to access your content through these sites, and to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display and perform such content as permitted through the functionality of these sites.
All content that you submit may be used at Kimberly-Clark's sole discretion. Kimberly-Clark and/or its affiliates reserve the right to change, condense or delete any content on K-C Sites that it deems, in its sole discretion, to violate the content guidelines or any other provisions herein. Kimberly-Clark does not guarantee that you will have any recourse through us to edit or delete any content you have submitted. Product ratings and written comments are generally posted within two to four business days. However, Kimberly-Clark reserves the right to remove or to refuse to post any submission for any reason.
Children's privacy is of primary concern to us. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18 years of age or retain any communication we receive that is identified as being from a child under the age of 18 years, unless we have the prior consent of the child’s parent or legal guardian.
Websites operated by Kimberly-Clark may contain links to other sites operated by third parties. Kimberly-Clark makes no representations or warranties as to the privacy practices of any third-party site and is not responsible for the privacy policies of other sites.
ACCESSING, CORRECTING, UPDATING OR LIMITING PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If your personal information changes (such as your address), or if you no longer wish us to keep your personal information on file, we will endeavour to provide a way to correct, update or remove your records. We may charge you a small fee to cover any administrative costs that we may incur in providing personal information to you.
If you believe for any reason that we are holding inaccurate or incomplete information about you, you may ask us to correct it.
You may also opt out of receiving marketing communications we send to you about our products and services. However, please note that when you do so, it may affect the services you have chosen to receive from Kimberly-Clark where accepting the communications is a condition of receiving the services.